A couple of weeks ago I had the chance to drive up to my Grandma and Grandpa's house for the day to meet my mom and celebrate my Grandpa's 96th birthday! It was great to see my grandparents (they only live 2.5 hours from us!), aunt and uncle, and my cousin Nick and his wife Elizabeth. Nice family fun, even if it was only for a day.
Jeffrey and I like to think about all of the world events that my grandpa has personally lived through. Here are a few we came up with.
Wars: World War I, World War II, Korean War, the Cold War, the Gulf War, the Iraq War, the War on Terror...
Presidents: Wilson, Harding, Coolidge, Hoover, FDR, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr., Clinton, Bush Jr., Obama...
Inventions: Stainless steal, the toaster, the lie detector, the first TV, the car, artificial insulin, penicillin, the polaroid picture, FM radio, monopoly, canned beer, the ballpoint pen (when he was 12), the Jeep, the A bomb, credit cards, bar codes, the computer, Barbie, tape players, CDs, DVDs, calculators, video games, the internet, cell phones, lap tops...
My mom, my mom's sister and her husband
The Drakes
My sister was caught in Super Storm Sandy when it came time to buy a card, so she pulled this beauty together. Handmade, printer paper, markers, stickers. It's the thought that counts, not to mention I don't even think my grandpa noticed.
I'm so lucky to still be able to be with my grandparents after all these years!



sweet, D !! It made dad's day to have you come up. And he missed that Jeffrey.
ReplyDeleteGlad you took pictures, and thanks for sticking up for my poor card.
ReplyDelete