Monday, November 26, 2012

Finally I Can Listen to Christmas Music

This year we got to spend Thanksgiving with Jeffrey's family. Everybody came from all around to eat dinner at Jeffrey's grandparent's house in Santa Monica (besides for Amanda and Chris who were missed!). It was a huge feast with a huge family, and it was so fun.


Every year I feel a bit like a Thanksgiving grinch. Everyone complains about department stores skipping Thanksgiving and decorating for Christmas on November 1st. I'm silently rejoicing when I see the garland and twinkly lights all over, Christmas commercials, and radio stations dedicated solely to Christmas music. For me, Thanksgiving is merely a filler holiday in between spooky Halloween and magical Christmas. Thanksgiving is just a way to keep your stomach stretched out so you can prepare for Christmas dinner. Jeffrey whole-heartedly disagrees, claiming that Thanksgiving is one of the best holidays all year. Either way the holiday is always more fun than I anticipate and the food is always better. Plus the end of Thanksgiving marks beginning of Christmas music and I couldn't be happier!







Cute mom and son



Maisy and Mike working on her college essays



Coming from a family with one sister, I'm still getting used to the all-sports-all-the-time channel. We watched 3 football games, start to finish that day. And by "we" I mostly mean Michael, Zach, and Skip.


Food coma










Cute brotherly love

These two love their uncle!


Hoping everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh amen to the football. it neeeeverrrrr ends. once one game is done another one starts. blaaaaaaaah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures! You may have even taken more than me. It was a fun weekend hanging out with you two! Can't wait until Christmas, too. In the meantime, Disneyland??!

    p.s. Annie with her binky in that last picture... stinker!! How did she manage to sneak that?!

    ReplyDelete