Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Danville!

So a couple weekends ago Jeffrey's friend decided he wanted to work on the Romney campaign in Boston and asked Jeffrey to drive out there with him. In case you're wondering... that's a 3-4 day drive. Being the good friend he is, Jeffrey said he would go and spent a good 4 days in the car. He did, however, have the privilege of going to a Cleveland Indians game and a Yankees game. He has a goal to visit all of the baseball stadiums in the country, so I was happy that at least he got Cleveland out of the way... I have no real desire to visit that city.

So while he was gone I decided to go home to Danville and spend some time with my family. I got to shop with my mom and sister, go to a very good family friend's wedding, witness a solar eclipse, and see the cute new puppy my parents just got. All in all, it was a really fun weekend, although it was verrrry nice to come home to a husband who missed me. :)

What do I do when Jeffrey's out of town? All the girly things that he won't do with me! Face masks and manicure with Nicole.


Randi, Kim and myself at Scott's wedding. Please pay particular attention to the beautiful landscape; that is the Blatter's backyard!

Bentley, the newest addition to the Johnsons.

My dad's contraption to see the solar eclipse. It actually worked really well and it was interesting to see the sun being blocked!

It's hard to tell from the picture, but during the eclipse everything got weirdly darkened (obviously...). It was funny because the sky was still bright as noonday, but the ground sun was that of a late-evening sunset. Very weird and very cool to see!

A pretty flower found while walking around Walnut Creek. 



3 comments:

  1. You guys were such cute lovesick puppies while you were apart :). Glad you got to spend time at home though. Love that picture of you, Randi & Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new background! And I'm glad you came, it was fun with you home. Plus now I have new jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, this is crazy. todd has the same goal as jeffrey! are we the same people? hahaha:)

    ReplyDelete