Monday, January 30, 2012

A Positive Outlook

There are so many things going on in our lives right now, its hard to keep everything straight. From school, to work (and when I say work, I mean going to 12 hour clinicals and not getting paid. Rather, I pay THEM to work for them. Such sweet irony.), LSAT and Law School applications, keeping the apartment clean... The list seems to go on and on. Besides the stress that comes with these things, there are definitely some good that comes from it.

I'm excited to be getting into the Respiratory Therapy field more. For the past 8 months we've been doing really mundane things, like breathing treatments and noninvasive procedures. We learned a few months ago to do blood gases, so I'm really excited to start poking people with needles doing procedures that immediately affect the doctor's prognosis. I just want to be considered apart of the medical team and not the lame student who probably doesn't even know where the lungs are.





You know it's bad when you're excited that gas prices are $2.98, but this is so exciting! One of the good things about Utah is the low cost, which definitely shows in gas prices. Below $3.00 is something everyone can appreciate.




I'm so grateful to have a husband who really values family. That being said, he is appalled that I haven't fully changed my name yet. He says its been 3 months and its time, but he's also not the one sitting in the DMV for 5 hours next to a screaming baby on one side and a very questionable man on the other who could very well be carrying a gun and a pound of meth on him. Either way, I've been trying to change everything that has my name on it. Social security card, license, passport, bank cards... Why has no one started a "Bureau of Name Changing"?? One building, they change everything you need, and you leave. (Although no government agency is that efficient and easy. The Social Security place closes at 3:30... why didn't I choose to work there? 9-3:30? They have no room to complain). So, here is physical evidence that I've been working on changing my name. I'm liking the way Dara Weston looks on everything so far.



Oh gosh. Words can't describe how excited I am for this movie. I think I cry every time I hear Channing Tatum say, "I have to make my wife fall in love with me again". Swoons from every girl are heard across the nation when this preview comes on. Every girl, and Jeffrey too, of course. Anyone who knows him knows he's a sucker for chick flicks. And dance shows, but that's another conversation.


Sorry for the boarder line inappropriate picture on this post, but this is the book we're studying this semester. I'm so excited to switch over to the NICU next semester. They say people either love it or hate it, so I'm anxious to see into which category I fall. I think helping babies live will be so rewarding. Not that saving old people isn't rewarding, but babies? And we can hold the ones that are healthy enough when the parents aren't there to do so. We start the NICU in May, and I couldn't be more excited.


Yay for school, movies, names, and gas prices!

1 comment:

  1. intubating a baby, nice picture for the world to see. YESSS I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT MOVIE. The commercial came on and Chad was like, "I guess you're going to want to see that." Um yes. Yes I do. And then own it and watch it every time you're out of the house.

    ReplyDelete