Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Duper Bowl

 So who else thought that Superbowl was lame? Its hard for me to get excited about professional football as it is, but with both teams being from the east coast... it wasn't the most exciting game to watch. At least the first half wasn't, the second half picked up a little bit. Anyway, my thrills in the Superbowl are all of the "girl things". Preparing food for Jeffrey and his friends, waiting for the funniest commercials, watching Madonna hobble her way across the stage during that performance. (Horrible half-time show, for the record. As much as I respect that Madonna is 54 and still performing, perhaps her choreographer should remember for whom the dance is created. Hip thrusting at 54 years old just seems so unequivocally wrong.) So here is the food I made for the game. Both easy and both made to pacify hungry boys as they watch football.



These are super easy pizza rolls that I found on Pinterest. They are crescent rolls wrapped around a half of a string cheese stick and a large pepperoni. Then I melted some butter and added some garlic salt and parmesan cheese to create a glaze over the top. They turned out to be really delicious and all of Jeffrey's friends really liked them.



This is a Butterfinger cookie bar. Also found on Pinterest, it combines a regular cookie recipe with some curshed up Butterfinger bars. The frosting is made of butter, shortening, and powdered sugar. These were a huge hit as well. And again, really easy! (And better tasting than the picture seems to show).

All in all, a fun time had with good friends. Hopefully next year someone closer to home  (49ers comeback?) can be in the game. Either way, I'll still be watching it only for the half-time performance and ridiculous commercials.

1 comment:

  1. Look at you. Looks like some yummy, very guy friendly food! I'm with you though - the game was just bleh, as were Madonna's gyrations.

    ReplyDelete