Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A Little FYI...

For a while now Jeffrey has been working hard on transferring law schools. He did really well the past two semesters, he got a great internship for the summer months, and he applied to a ton of schools to try to see where he would get in. He got in to a lot of good schools which would present him with a lot of different opportunities. After weeks of stressful decision-making conversations, Jeffrey and I decided that University of Arizona was the best fit. It is ranked thirty-something in the nation. We are blessed with the opportunity to graduate with little to no debt. The only downside to this is that I have a great job out in Newport (which, as you may remember, took me 9 months to find. No hospitals like little to no experience on resumes). I am working the elusive and always-envied day shift and making nearly double than what I would make in Arizona.

Pretty lame.

So we both felt that it was right for me to stay in LA and work. Jeffrey moved a couple days ago to Tucson, Arizona to start law school over there. And we are making it work. It's not ideal, and there have been many tears shed (by me, poor Jeffrey. Nothing like calming down a crying woman), but it is what it is. I am just grateful to have a hard-working husband who can sacrifice so many things in his life so that we can have a positive future. 

So anyway, that's the latest. I'm already counting down the days until he comes home next (10 days!). Thank you to all of you who have helped us in any and every way. We can't thank you enough! 

Sorry for the novel! If anyone has any good tips on Arizona living, please let us know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment