1. Those mountains! It really is incredible how gorgeous Provo is. It sits in this half-basin of beautiful craggy mountains, including Mount Timpanogos which Jeffrey swears is equivalent to the Swiss Alps.
One time I was watching a home BYU game on TV and the announcer from another school said that this is one of the most scenic stadiums in the country. So true.
Also Utah has some of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen. Here's one during the BYU v.s Utah game last year.
2. I'll miss all our friends that live in Provo. Jeffrey and I entered Provo as single people and both had really fun groups of friends. It will be sad to not be able to see them everyday.
This is a terrible picture but Jeffrey and I went up to Nicole and Ryan's cabin right before we left. So fun to go to Sundance or Park City whenever and enjoy how beautiful it is.
3. Although our landlord might have been a direct descendant from Satan and though I might have wished bad things upon he and his wife at times, I will miss our apartment. It was our first apartment as a married couple and it was definitely a good one! Right next to BYU, nice and spacious, dirt cheap compared to any apartment in California, it was a very good place to live.
Though we will miss Provo we're definitely excited to start a new chapter in our lives by living in Southern California! Both families are closer and we get to go to the beach! I'll take it.
[Note: I started this post with 10 things I'll miss about Provo... maybe talk to me in a year and I will have thought of 7 more.]



This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWell, I'm happy to have you guys in California and even wearing Dodger Blue !
ReplyDeleteWith a little time and distance you'll be nostalgic for Provo! Especially when you go visit again. (Nostalgic, but not wanting to live there again :)). So happy to have you guys down here!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with the nostalgia but not wanting to live there again. I can't wait to hear about all of your new adventures!
ReplyDeletePhil won't even allow discussion about going back to visit provo but I really loved it! (of course I was there only 1 school year so...) I agree the people and the scenery are pretty great. I also loved all of the constant reminders of the church (meeting houses, temples, everyone dressed up on sundays). I'll be excited to hear the other 7 in a few years:)
ReplyDelete