Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Y


We did it! After living here for 4 years we finally hiked the Y. Hiking the Y is one of those things that you need to do before you leave Provo, alongside attending a BYU sporting event, going to a devotional (either a church devotional or otherwise. They've had Condaleezza Rice and Mark Zuckerburg here!), and skiing on "the best snow on Earth" (Did it once. That counts, right?) . So we decided one day to just take the plunge and hike it. It was much harder than I anticipated but well worth it when we got to the top. Happy we did it, and happy its over :)



The Y on the mountain. 


11 switchbacks in all.

Jeffrey and his cousins 

Made it to the top by sunset!







Happy Hikers.

2 comments:

  1. I know an excuse to wear a tank top when I see it. And I never hiked the Y!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you guys did this, you little hikers. You really do have to do it before you leave P-town ... and now that you've done it, it's time to get out of there! :) Cute pictures.

    ReplyDelete