Thursday, March 15, 2012

Vegas


Last weekend, Jeffrey and I decided to ditch the snow again for a weekend in Vegas. When we booked our cruise for our honeymoon, priceline gave us a voucher for a free hotel night... which we saved all of 4 months before we decided to use it. Vegas was so fun! Because Jeffrey and I are so young but wearing wedding rings, most hotel front desk workers think we are on our honeymoon, (and we don't necessarily do much to dissuade them of this idea). So both times we've been to Vegas since we've been married we think we've gotten upgraded. This room was so nice! Views of the strip, a kitchen table area, and a big bathroom. We were living luxurious for a couple days.

                       
Here's a daytime view of the hotel. So nice! It was especially pretty at night, but phone pictures never do scenery justice.




Jeffrey and I went around Vegas finding all the fun things that you never think to do when you're there. One of the things we did was coca cola tasting at the Coke store! My sister had told me about it a long time ago so we decided to see it for ourselves. Essentially, you pay $7 for a tray of Cokes from around the world. Some were decent, a few were good, some were absolutely disgusting. But it was fun to try them all.

                      
The clear one next to number 8 on the far tray was one of the worst tastes I've ever taste in my life. It was Japanese coke and it tasted like poison.

                      

The next night Jeffrey and I went to go see the Jabbawockeez! Such a fun show. Dancing, pantomiming, and fun music. We highly recommend it. Jeffrey was in heaven, saying "Oh! That was SO sick!" every couple minutes.


At the end of this show we wanted to go back and watch it all over again. And it's only $50 to see it!


It was nice to have a weekend away in a place that is relatively close.  With the weather in Utah taking a turn for the better, we're happy to stay in our cute little apartment for a little while longer!




1 comment:

  1. COKE FACTORY! So great. Did I tell you I tried a new flavor last week I had never seen before? Celery. It was as bad as it sounds, but still worth it.

    ONE MONTH TIL BELIZE.

    ReplyDelete