Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Move

Anyone who has moved before (which is everyone) knows how annoying the whole process is. Packing up in an organized fashion while uncovering things we had no idea we owned (I had a really nice food processor still in the box... along with 4 cake platters and a lazy susan I had no idea I owned) is a hard task. Thankfully my mom was able to come out to Utah and help with the cleaning and organizing. Moms really do have that special touch that makes everything just that much cleaner, that much more organized, and that much prettier. Jeffrey and his cousin Zando helped with the moving and packing of the Budget truck, which was no small task. With the smallest rental truck and a lot of crap in our apartment it really was like tetris trying to fit it all. We were awarded with our last meal: Cafe Rio. Well worth it. It was a long few days, but we're finally here in LA and couldn't be happier.

Also if you ever move I recommend having a large family all within 25 miles. We had the Wards, Bentzs, and Westons all moving us in. What took Jeffrey and I one week was compressed into 6 hours. And our apartment was completely set up by the end of the day.




Ugh. Looking at this still overwhelms me, even though its done.




My little movers. Oh, PS. It was 105 degrees out. A great last impression of the Utah desert.



Zando was carrying down my shoe rack and got it stuck on that big head. It was hilarious watching him try to get it off. I even got a video.





My mom and I were in my car, Zando in this car, and Jeffrey drove the truck.











What better way to celebrate the end of moving day than with a trip to Titos for some real Mexican food. (Please keep in mind I had another bean rice and cheese burrito later that night. And the next afternoon. I missed refried beans!)

1 comment:

  1. I am extremely jealous of the amount of authentic mexican food at your disposal. also can i have a cake plate because i don't have any. i want to come visit! consider it your personal goal to find the best food places around so chad and i can go crazy when we come.

    ReplyDelete